A way of sealing and protecting the concrete floors in your house is called epoxy flooring. The functions of the epoxy coating is to prolong the life of your floor as well as give a great look to your floor. For several decades, epoxy preparations are necessary to the building industry. It is widely used in applying on the floors. For you to know more about these epoxy floor coatings, here are some of the things that you need to know:
1. The secret behind these high quality performing epoxy coating are the epoxy resins. It is the most fundamental component of high quality formulations such as the primers of epoxy based, sealants, and top coats. These resins also give high quality performance when it comes to finishing the floors, protecting the coats, being proof against water, and withstanding damages on the paints. Check out the Muskegon Decorative Flooring.
2. There are a lot of types of surfaces wherein epoxy coatings are applicable. There are certain floor applications for certain coating systems depending mainly on the kind of material used for the surface. For these concrete, steel and other kinds of surfaces to work, epoxy floor coatings are one of the several systems that can achieve this.
3. These epoxy resins are becoming nearly impermeable because of their molecules that are cross linked. When epoxy resins are exposed to amines, the unique chemistry between the compounds of these create a reaction that produce cross linked epoxies. The outcome of this is having a highly resistance against air intrusion, water and any type of chemical.
4. Mixing epoxies with other types of materials can increase its ability of quality performance. The most ordinary types of systems used that is made up with epoxy are epoxies that contain amine, sulfide, aliphatic and hybrid systems. With the use of epoxy amine system, you can achieve to have a glossy like appearance of the surface and also have a better adhesion. Alkyds and acrylics can also work properly with epoxy coating systems. Get the most interesting information about flooring options http://rockportindustrialflooring.com/about-us/.
5. Heavy duty floors can be protected by the use of epoxy floor coatings. There are a lot of kinds of damages an epoxy coatings can resist from. Due to this, they are usually put on places that are always exposed to substances that induces damage such as warehouse floors, airplane hangars and so much more.
6. These epoxy coatings have a magnificent adhesive qualities. This can make floors remain intact and in very good state for prolonged time and also even under extreme physical loads.
Epoxy coatings have the ability to slow the down the spread of fire. There are some epoxy floor coatings that contain pigments that increase in size rapidly when exposed to extreme heat. Because of this, the expansion creates a thick barrier protection that prolongs enough to extinguish the fire.